Saturday, December 13, 2008

Welcome to the Napa Valley

Christine and I began this caretaking gig in the Napa Valley in early October. The idea of blogging our adventures only recently occurred to me, so I will be going through the photos we've taken in order to retroactively highlight the adventures of our tenure thusfar. There have been many.

I'll begin this blog with a brief description of the property. Situated between St. Helena and Calistoga on nearly two acres, the property features a charming circa-1890 barn, a renovated main house built atop an original stone wine cellar, a guest cottage and caretaker's cottage which were built by renovating the original A-frame chicken coop, a half-acre vineyard, lavender, fruit trees, vegetable and herb gardens and beautiful screens of hedges all around. The photos I will be posting will show some or all of these features, but for the sake of privacy, I will not be posting a complete, frame by frame tour of the property.

Resident critters of the property include one sweet princess of a cat, chickens, doves, rabbits and now our two dogs. Everybody gets along nicely.

I'll be covering all sorts of topics in upcoming entries, complete with plenty of pictures.

Enjoy, and don't hesitate to leave feedback, questions, or comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment